3.28.2017

Relearning To Spin

I took a spinning workshop after the Guild meeting on Saturday and the spinning bug bit me hard.
 
I'd put the spinning wheel away awhile back, planning to take a small break while I learned to quilt.
 
Yeah. That was in July 2012. That's a loooooong break. 
 
The last thing I spun was 2 bobbins of BME singles (below) that have been sitting around all this time, waiting to be plied.
 
By Sunday night they were done and dusted. 216 yards of 2-ply Falkland wool ready for a bath. And I might have purchased a subscription to Ply Magazine . . . and five back issues . . . and signed up for an on-line spinning class . . . and bought out the BeeMiceElf Etsy shop . . . Why get back into this halfway? Right??
 

1 comments:

Vickie said...

You certainly hadn't lost your touch; that yarn looks incredibly smooth. Lovely!