7.07.2015

Tour de Sewing

It's Tour de France Fleece time again, but I just can't muster any interest in spinning this year. Instead, my goal is to sew/quilt each day the riders are on their bikes. Saturday was finishing up the mermaid quilt; Sunday was working on another set of bowls (pics tomorrow).  

Yesterday I started 8 more pillowcases,
  Surfboards for hubby; trucks for Travis.

some from kits I bought a few years ago; 
 Laurel Birch birds for me; penguins for . . . . I don't know yet.
 
 others from fabric I bought especially for this project.
 Matching pink and purple flowers for guests.

Today I finished them up, French seams and all.
 
This set is for Gary, a die-hard Kings fan. It's difficult to find something craft-related that the boys in the family will like, so I was pleased when I found this fabric. And he was pleased when he received them today. That makes it a win-win, so yay me!  


0 comments: