6.12.2014

Patriotic Hat

I made another Bellisfaire Beanie for Addy, trying out a thicker yarn* that's closer to what the pattern specified. 
 
This is the same pattern I used with my silly models (here).  Turns out, I got the yarn size correct the first time - this one is stiffer than the others and a couple of inches shorter, since I had less yarn with which to work.
 
Leanne was kind enough (read: bribe-able) to model for me, even though she wasn't feeling good. 
 
In addition to making it shorter, I added a row of white surface crochet and two buttons to complete the patriotic look.
 
This is more of a 'cap' than a 'beanie' but the little girls don't care one way or the other; both styles are cute, especially on them. (Yep, I'm biased.)
 


*I used Tahki Classic Cotton Lite (sport weight) for the first two hats and regular Cotton Classic (DK weight) for this one. 

2 comments:

captainhook said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
captainhook said...

So very cute!