7.08.2011

Random Friday

  • Hubby had a routine doctor's appointment today. The doctor was running an hour late - no surprise - so I got to spend more grandma time with two of my favorite girls. Leia loves Leanne but she's also just a little jealous. I am, after all, HER "gamma". Glad they're still small enough that I can fit them both on my lap.
  • Marie wanted some lightweight cotton blankets for Leanne now that summer has hit with a vengeance. A quick trip to Joann's, a little pinning, a little sewing, and voila - colorful cotton blankies. The pink blanket has a turned hem; the red, a satin binding. I love the crayon motif in the red one; may have to go buy more to make a blanket for Bre.
  • Good thing I love my cats. AJ's trip to the vet today set me back almost $300. Results from the blood work should be back tomorrow. We're hoping it's "only" thyroid disease, which is easily treated in cats.
  • Tour de Fleece continues - I spun up 3 ounces of Lulu, the Lincoln-Corriedale that I thought would be my main Tour project*. I've decided to experiment with this to see what technique(s) gives me the most bounce and softness. This 60 yard batch was spun using a modified long draw, then 2 strands plied together. Tonight I'm planning to Navajo-ply what's left on the bobbin. Tomorrow I'll try another 3 ounces, spinning it worsted (my usual method) and plying it both ways. Hoping that will give me enough info to decide how I want to spin the rest of this.


* Waiting around to see the Lulu results is kinda boring, so I'm breaking out some Bee Mice Elf BFL from the stash. Yum!

1 comments:

Rach said...

The picture with the baby grands is beyond cute. I miss baby snuggles.