5.25.2011

Almost All Done

The towels are off the loom, as of about midnight last night. I fought the narrowing shed until the end knots were almost to the heddles, getting those last few inches I needed to make towel #3 the same length as #'s 1 and 2. Today, I zigzagged the ends (the thin blue line is where I'll cut the towels apart), measured them, and tossed them in the washer and dryer. Measured them again when they came out (shrinkage was 1" in width, 3" in length for each towel) -

cute grandchild provided for scale

and spent tonight cutting them apart, pinning the hems and hand stitching the first towel.
Hemming them on the machine would be faster but, even with my not so even stitches, I think hand hemming looks nicer. Project details are on my Ravelry page here. (you don't have to be a Ravelry member to view this project.)

Coming this weekend (fingers crossed) - winding a new warp and tying it onto the old one so I can weave companion towels. Or I may be lazy and read a book instead. Depends on how ambitious I feel after Saturday's guild meeting.

1 comments:

Vickie said...

Pattern looks VERY complicated, and GORGEOUS!