3.01.2010

Gold Medal

I signed on for both the Knitting Olympics and Ravelympics this year. I work better to a deadline - always have - so knowing I had 17 days to complete my project(s) was perfect.

I didn't achieve all my goals, just like in the real Olympics; the crocheted sweater I thought would be a cinch is languishing with one back panel completed. In fact, I didn't medal with any crochet projects. My Olympic glory centers around knit and Tunisian FO's.

For the Knitting Olympics
and Ravelry's Lace Luge - I finished the Estonian shawl sampler from Nancy Bush's class. First knitted lace, first knitting chart, first Kirchener stitch, all in one little project.For the Scarf Super G and Stash Dance - I double-medaled with the Tunisian shell sampler scarf using yarn I've had in the stash for well over a year.My favorite event was Designer Pattern Skeletonand the Tunisian Treasure Shawl, with the free pattern available here.WIPs Dancing turned out to be my strongest event, with completion of the Cat Bordhi moebius
and the One Row scarf that I started knitting from my handspun yarn in 2007. Especially gratifying to have this one finished.Now that the Games have concluded, it's back to baby blankets (2 in the works) and the remaining 8 shawls for my 10 Shawls in 2010 challenge. Onward!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Busy lady...good heavens! :) v