12.29.2008

F'd O!

Done, done, done - and I love it. I blocked the shawl fairly severely last night, so I think it may shrink a little lengthwise. I'm not sure what to expect from 50% bamboo yarn; anybody know? I like how long this is now but an inch or two shorter will be ok too. Blocking really opened up the design so you can better see the lacyness of the third row. It also improved the drape; I love how fantastic this feels when I'm wearing it. I ended up using approx. 599 yards; I had about a yard left from my fifth ball when I was done. Still not crazy about the yarn but love the colors and love the shawl. After all, 208 Ravelers can't be wrong, right?

1 comments:

Dogmommy4 said...

Have you been hooking like a Mad Woman this month, or what??? Looks nice. Can't wait to see it - maybe - or would that involve travel?
gd