11.24.2008

Another Addy FO

I finished another Roselette top for Addy, this one in teal blue, before we left Colorado. Truthfully, I almost finished it - I had to leave the buttons for Rachel to sew on. (Will she? Won't she?? Only time - and pictures - will tell.)

I added the same 4 rows to this sweater - 2 in the top section, 2 in the bottom - as I did to the first to make it long enough for Addy. I also did a foundation single crochet rather than chain stitch for the first row to make the neck stretchier and added a row of picots around the bottom.
Love the picots; I'll definitely add them to any others I make from this pattern.

The yarn is Red Heart's Soft Yarn, which I've never used before. I'm interested to see how it looks after a few washings. I'm not a fan of Red Heart - too scratchy and acrylic (horrors!) - but this is nice and soft,
pleasant to work with and the colors are rich. If it holds up in the laundry, Soft Yarn just might give my usual kid's yarn, Plymouth Encore, a run for it's money.

0 comments: