10.04.2008

Yet Another FO

I made this little sweater for Naia today while recovering from a stomach bug that Dick felt he just had to share. Naia requested a purple sweater; I think this qualifies. The pattern, Giovanna's Cardi (Rav link) by Lion Brand (non-Rav link), is very cute and very easy. It's made in one piece from the bottom up, and the sleeves and yoke are formed with spaced decreases. I love the curvy look of the sleeves. And I love that I started it last night and finished it today, less than 24-hours later.

I added a couple of modifications - an additional 2-row repeat in the bottom section to make it longer; the button-band with 3, rather than 1, buttons; and the row of single crochet trim around the top and bottom.
To make the sweater more 'hers', I'm planning to take Naia with me to pick out buttons. Once I'm over this crappy bug. (It could be a lot worse; we've only had the queasy, headachy, no energy version. I think I'll stop complaining before I get the real flu.)

And the purple in the button band? It really does match the yarn in the top of the cardi. Honest.

0 comments: