9.28.2008

Warping and Wefting

Warping today took a lot longer than I expected; another 4 hours to thread the last 36 threads and work out tension issues, broken threads and more. But it was worth it. Once I got everything going - with lots of help from Deborah - I love how my scarf looks. I tried the green weft first but didn't like the interaction with the brown warp threads. The brown on brown looks much richer and more Fall-like. I'm 36" into the 72" I need for the scarf. I should have a little left on the 4-yard warp to play with other colors of weft. And I bought more chenille - navy, light blue and white - from Deborah so I can tie on another warp (without having to re-thread heddles and re-sley the reed) and weave another couple of scarves.

Chenille deserves its reputation as a pain in the b*** to weave; but the finished product is so soft and pretty. Hope I can master it enough to make something wearable.

0 comments: