9.27.2008

Back To Weaving

I haven't done much weaving lately. Actually, I've done nothing since taking the color gamp class back in July (it's still on the loom, half finished.) But I want to get back into it, so this weekend I'm taking a scarf weaving workshop using rayon chenille.

The instructor weaves professionally, and almost exclusively, with chenille - and her stuff is gorgeous. Friday afternoon was an overview and yarn selection. This afternoon was spent winding the warp and putting the fiber on the loom (through the reed and heddles); tomorrow we'll start the actual weaving. Although technically, it's all weaving; maybe I should say tomorrow we'll start 'wefting'*.
Sorry for the crummy cell phone photos.

I wanted something in Fall colors, so my warp colors are chocolate brown, muted orange and a tiny bit of bright yellow. The weft will be a warm green. It will be interesting to see if the color interaction turns out like I'm picturing it.

*For Wenona -
;-)

0 comments: