7.29.2008

Christmas in July

Even Mother Nature got in on the act today, rocking and rolling to the tune of a 5.4 earthquake. I've been through a number of quakes since we moved out here in 1968 (when I was but a wee lass . . . ) and this was one of the strongest I've ever felt. As in 'it's time to get out of the house' strong. A few seconds of gentle waves to get your attention, and then several sharp jolts that seemed to just go on and on. Fortunately, no damage here and only minimal damage - and no injuries that I've heard about so far - in the wider SoCal area.

So why Christmas? Look what came in the mail today -
my order from Interweave's hurt book sale back on July 9. I've heard a lot of complaining in some forums that Interweave's prices weren't that good, shipping was too high, and - my personal favorite - the books weren't 'hurt' enough so obviously they were overstock and Interweave shouldn't have sold them at discount. Huh??????

But it did get me wondering, so I moseyed over to Amazon to check their prices. I'd have saved the $8.95 I paid in shipping but even with that, I still saved over $17 on the five books. My best deal? Wrap Style which retails for $21.95; Amazon had it for $14.93 but I bought it for just $5.49. With no damage that I can see.

I do love a good book sale!

0 comments: