6.10.2008

Now I Remember

Now I remember why I like weaving. It's very meditative - and fast - when you do it right. Before starting the second towel, I re-read portions of Deborah Chandler's book 'Learning to Weave'. Made a huge difference in how I'm weaving and the results I'm getting.

This afternoon, I spent just over an hour weaving and finished the second towel. (It's on the bottom roller.)
And after teaching my crochet block-a-month class tonight, I started the third towel, using a brown 2-ply cotton instead of 8/4 carpet warp, and have it just over half done. The pattern on this towel will be three twill treadlings rather than the entire sampler like the first 2 towels.

For the fourth one, I'm planning to use a thick cotton chenille, just to see what happens. If things keep going as they have today, I should have these off the loom tomorrow afternoon. Hooray!

0 comments: