5.18.2008

Home Again, Home Again

We made it home last night after 13+ hours on the road. We'd planned to stay overnight in Las Vegas, but we got there about 4:00 - too early to stop for the day. So we kept going . . . and going and going. We drove a total of 4900 miles in 14 days. It was a great trip but it sure is nice to be home!

This is how far I got on the traveling blankie -
the pink stick is a 12" ruler for comparison. Dick is happy with the colors - the blanket is for him - and I'm happy with the project. It's straight, mindless knitting, so I could listen to audio books or look at scenery without worrying about where I was in the pattern. About the time I'd get bored, it was time to change colors and start a new block. I'm already planning more log cabin blankets in my head.

0 comments: