3.29.2008

Rip N Knit

I have a new hobby. Knittin'-n-rippin'. I may never finish another project; I'll just knit for awhile, then rip it out.

I'm determined that this sweater is going to fit. I think the top third is done.
I like the collar and the start of the raglan sleeves. I had another 10" or so knit - including the waist and hip increases - but it didn't fit right and I rrrrrrrrrrripped it all out again. On the plus side, I'm getting really good at moving live stitches on and off waste yarn. And I've learned several ways to do decreases - including this pretty little sl, k2tog, psso (slip stitch, knit 2 together, pass slipped stitch over) - and how to make increases lean to the left or right so they compliment each other.

What I'd really like to learn is how to wear a finished hand-knit sweater. Maybe in my lifetime.

0 comments: