3.26.2008

Rip It, Rip It

I kept knitting last night until I had the 20" from shoulder to hip that's called for in the pattern (yes, I'm compulsive.) I put the hem stitches on waste yarn so I could try the sweater on and . . . blech. Too boxy. I want something that shows a bit of shaping and doesn't look so much like a sack. After spending all this time - and all this $ - I want a garment I'm proud to wear and feel good in. (On the plus side, this yarn is incredibly soft; tossing it on the "never ever" pile is not an option.) I've been reading Sandi Wiseheart's excellent series of articles in Knitting Daily about sweater shaping. I think what I'm going to do - subject to input from the ladies at tomorrow's knit night - is rip this back to the arm holes (I'm cringing as I type that), do a gentle decrease to my waist, and then increase back up for the hips.

I don't want something that's form-fitting, but a little shaping would be nice. Anybody have other suggestions for this knitting novice?

0 comments: