2.05.2008

Oh Baby, Baby

My two current projects - and the third to follow - are all baby items. Last Friday I signed up for a knitting class (sorry, shouldn't have sprung that on you. Sit down, take a breath . . . in, out. Feeling better? Yep, I voluntarily took a knitting class.) to make Elizabeth Zimmerman's classic Baby Surprise Jacket.

Toddler sized jacket for Addy.

I made it all the way to row 9 during Friday's three hour class. I'm a slow knitter, but it didn't help that my Denise interchangeable needles came apart after I'd cast on all 160 stitches. Ripped and started over, after swearing just an itsy-bit.

I kept working at home after class but made the mistake of trying to talk and knit at the same time. Realized I'd made a mistake, tried to unknit, and just made a mess. Anne, the instructor, was working when I took it back to the shop on Saturday and she showed me how to unknit my unknitting and fix the original mistake. After knitting during the Super Bowl, I'm all the way up to row 17 now. Whoohoo! Next class is February 15; I'm hoping to have this about half done by then.

Project #2 is a entrelac crochet baby blanket for Anna Michelle, who's due in mid-March.
The first stripe is multi-color Bella Colour by Plymouth, a cotton/acrylic blend. The alternating white stripe is Bernat Softee, an easy care acrylic. I've gotten two more rows finished since this photo was taken. I'm loving this pattern. The written instructions are great, with lots of photos for us visual learners.

Project #3 is another baby blanket for a former co-worker's first baby. I've got the yarn and the pattern, but haven't started it yet. Baby's not due until April, so I have time to finish the first two before the time crunch hits on this one. I hope.

0 comments: