2.14.2008

Colorado FO's

Addy needed a new hat and scarf, so I put my other projects on hold and cranked these out while we were in Colorado. Just in time too - the weather went from 65 and sunny on Wednesday to a high of 20 degrees and 2 inches of snow on the ground today. What a difference a day makes.

This was a sample I made for the last bobble hat class I taught,
using Plymouth Encore; it's a great, versatile baby yarn that's hard wearing and easy care. The hat's a tad big on Addy, but that's a good thing since she'll be able to wear it longer.

Rachel asked me to make a hat and scarf set for Addy. I knew I wanted to make a key-hole scarf so it would fit snuggly around Addy's neck and be easy to get on and off. I found this adorable ladybug button at JoAnn's and had to get it for the scarf; smaller matching buttons are on the hat. I put ringlets on the scarf ends so Addy would have something to play with if she got bored. I thought about putting ringlets on the top of the hat, but Dick and Rachel both vetoed that idea. (I still think it would be cute.) I'm going to write up the pattern shortly and offer it through my LYS and Ravelry. Right after I get a good night's sleep. Air travel is just not fun anymore.

0 comments: