2.17.2008

Ceramic Painting

Marie and I took Naia pottery painting today. I had so much fun painting in Colorado, I wanted to do more. Firefly Ceramics is in Ventura, close to where I used to work (no website that I could find).

Naia started with an Easter bunny (named Bunny Bear), then moved on to a small monkey. She also painted a plate for Marie. We told Naia she could paint it anyway she wanted and she really got into it, as you can see from her concentration.
Marie chose this witch, the most intricate project of the day. It took her a full 3 hours to finish but it really looked nice when she was done. I forgot to take a picture of my gecko soap dish; this is my second project, a grandbaby plate. We won't get the finished pieces back for at least a week, which disappointed Naia. I can't wait to see how they all turned out.

Doesn't Naia wear her paint well? You should see her jeans . . .

0 comments: