1.06.2008

I'm Famous

Gary informed me a few weeks ago that I'm "famous" among his friends for this dish I created. I didn't think it was anything special, but Gary - my super picky eater - absolutely loves it. He'll eat it at every meal for days if we let him. Whenever I make a batch, I text him and he shows up with a friend or two in tow to polish it off.

It's good to be famous for something.*

My Famous Beefy Mac

1.5 pounds hamburger
1 jar Ragu spaghetti sauce (or sauce of your choice)
8 ounces elbow macaroni
Parmesan cheese
Garlic salt (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste

In oven-proof pan, cook macaroni according to package directions
. Brown hamburger in a skillet, drain fat, and sprinkle meat lightly with garlic salt. Add spaghetti sauce, stir, and let simmer on low heat until macaroni is done. Drain macaroni and rinse with cold water. Return macaroni to oven-proof pan, add hamburger-sauce mix, and stir well. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Bake in 375 degree oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

When I make this for Dick and me, I saute about a quarter cup diced onions with the hamburger and use Paul Newman's Cabernet sauce rather than Ragu. Yum!

* I've had this baking dish since Dick and I were married. I recently found one just like it in an antique store. Talk about depressing.

0 comments: