1.14.2008

Bah Flippin Humbug

My right arm and shoulder still hurt from the Christmas crochet marathon so I finally broke down and went to the doctor today.

Good news? I won't have to help paint the living room.

Bad news? No crochet - or anything else that hurts - for a minimum of two more weeks.

The doctor thinks I've pi***d off three of the six (eight?) muscles in my shoulder and rotator cuff. But if I behave and if I let it heal and if I haven't done too much damage . . . she thinks anti-inflammatory drugs will be all I need. If it still hurts after six weeks, we'll try a cortisone shot. I've gone that route before for elbow tendinitis; it worked, but boy, was that shot unpleasant.

So please cross your fingers and send healthy vibes my way. You may want to send good vibes - or alcohol - dear hubby's way too . . . I might be just a tad cranky at this point.

0 comments: