12.06.2007

Towers of Power - and an FO

I'm organizing my stash - yet again - but thanks to Ravelry, I think it might work this time. I've got about 2/3 of it photographed and listed. I'm a little embarrassed by how much I have and how much of it I'd forgotten about. But did that stop me from buying a sweater's worth of yarn last night? Or placing an order for 2 sweaters-worth at Webs? Noooooo, of course not.

Now that I can see what I have all in one place - with pictures! - I think I'll use it more efficiently. That's the plan anyway. One of Ravelry's niftiest stash features is a line to list where the yarn is stored. Introducing the Towers of Power -
stackable yarn bins lining my fireplace. (Pictures are severely cropped so you can't see the mess in my studio. I'm organizing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) Dick brought the stack above home from T*rget and they were such a good fit that the next day he brought home more. (Think he's trying to tell me something? Nah, me neither.) I have fresh batteries in my label gun and I'm ready to fill these puppies. I finished my first scarf on the Ashford Knitter's Loom in time for tonight's last class - and a second scarf is warped and partially woven. This one's a 50/50 blend of alpaca and acrylic (Thanks, Carolyn!) It must look okay since Dick has already claimed it for himself. And yes, I'm hooked on rigid heddle weaving. It's so fast - and I can use stash yarns (see above). Guess what I'm getting for my birthday?

0 comments: