12.10.2007

I Fell Off The Wagon

Look what followed me home - a sweater's worth of Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend. This is the most beautiful stuff I've ever seen. Love the colors, but it's the shimmer of silk that makes it so stunning.

I've tried to be good. I've tried to resist buying yarn until I'd used up some stash. But this called to me. It begged me to bring it home. In the spirit of the season, how could I possibly say 'no'?
I spotted this before Lois even had a chance to get it out of the shipping box. And I held out for an entire day before caving; all Lois had to do was mention that she only had 10 skeins . . . and 2 were already sold . . . and she might not be able to get more right away . . . and, yeah. I'm a real tough sell.

What am I making? The Boho Blocks Cardigan (scroll down)
by Valentina Devine (Ravelry link). After Christmas.


Tech specs: Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend, 30% silk, 70% Merino extrafine wool, kettle dyed; approx 150 yds per 50 g skein.

0 comments: