11.16.2007

Productive

Dick went to a movie with a buddy last night, so I took the opportunity to go to knit night at my favorite yarn shop. It was a raucous crowd (Wii and martinis???) but between laughing and eating I got this done - the sample for December's block a month class - and started this - a hat for Adda-Banana who turns one on Wednesday. (where does the time go?? It seems like she was just born yesterday. . . ) Rachel requested hats with ear flaps for Addy. This is the first of three hats I have planned. The pattern is easy and works up quickly (and yes, I left off the eyeballs). I finished it in about 3 hours. Once I make sure it fits Addy, I think I'll put a single crochet row all the way around, just to give it a more finished look.
I love that Rachel asks me to make things for Addison. I enjoy making them and love seeing them on her. Hooray for daughters who humor their crafty moms!

Oh - I have a new must-read blog. You have to check this out. Ugly Overload. Thanks, La!

Tech specs: Crochet Froggy Hat by Noreen Crone-Findlay. Yarn is Caron Simply Soft Shadows in Fuschia Flare (100% acrylic - washable/dryable). I used a "G" hook and was right on gauge.

0 comments: