11.15.2007

Mesa Jacket

I found the perfect buttons in my stash - vintage mother-of-pearl, each a different design, from my Ebay-ing days - and sewed them on this afternoon.Dick took some photos before I left for knit night. It's big and it's bulky, and super comfy. The only changes I made to the pattern were to lengthen the vertical rows - the pattern called for 23 stitches; I used 30 - and to omit the cuffs from the sleeves - I added 3 rows of single crochet with the smaller hook used for the button band. I like to push sweater sleeves up to my elbows to get them out of my way; a tapered sleeve works better for me. Tech specs: Mesa Jacket by Doris Chan, from the January 2007 edition of Crochet! Magazine. Yarn is Moda Dea's Tweedle Dee in Cinnamon Twist (80% acrylic, 16% wool, 4% other fiber); it was easy to work with and the colors are beautiful. The pattern called for a "L" and "K" hook; after swatching, I ended up using a "P" and "N" to get gauge. What I'd do different - the neckline is too big; I'd make the 'medium' size for the top, switching to the 'large' for the vertical rows.

0 comments: