10.13.2007

Done!!

The sweater I started in class at the Knit and Crochet Show in Oakland is done, done, done! The 'pattern' is a formula developed by Karen Whooley to make a top-down raglan-type sweater, either crew neck, v-neck or cardigan. You try it on as you go, so it fits perfectly.

I used six skeins of purple (not the blue it appears on my monitor; the last photo has the most accurate color) Cascade 220 Heathers and a "J" hook.
I found the wood buttons in a weaving shop during our New England trip; they're hand-carved and gorgeous. I'm hoping this will be dry enough to wear tomorrow, but as cool and damp as it is tonight, I'm not holding my breath. But I should be able to wear it next week, if the Santa Ana winds don't start up and send the temps spiraling.
Next on my 'to do' list? A cardigan using this same pattern.

1 comments:

Woven Spun said...

ooh that's pretty. Will have to show to my daughter to see if she's up to trying to make a sweater.