4.02.2007

Yarn P0rn

This is one of the projects I worked on this weekend. 1300 yards of laceweight alpaca and Shetland wool (90/10), hand dyed by Black Bunny Fibers. The colorway is "Cabernet", shades of red wine with just a bit of plum added to the mix. The colors are fantastic (as usual with BBF). I'm enjoying the yarn, but it's a little wiry in places, not as soft as I'd hoped. Would I buy it again? Oh, yes. I really love the colors.

So what am I making with all this gorgeousness?
A rectangular shawl, taken from a vintage pattern. I love the little star stitches. This one is going to take awhile, so it's my 'whenever' project - I work on it 'whenever' I have time.

My gotta-get-it-done-now project is this superwash Merino sock yarn from Fearless Fibers. I love Deb's colors, especially the tone-on-tone colors she's been doing lately. This one is "Venerable", rainbow dyed in royal purple and dark charcoal.
It is stunning.
I'm making this into another shawl. Here's a sneak preview . . . . So pretty.

2 comments:

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

Oh my, all those little stars! So fantastic!

Carol said...

Such yummy yarn!