1.11.2007

Tagged

My buddy Cheryl tagged me with the Six Weird Things meme. I had a hard time coming up with six things. (yeah, yeah, the peanut gallery is chiming in with 'how could you choose from so many weirdnesses??) But here goes . . .

THE RULES: Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. I hate having water on my face. In the shower, pool, lake, ocean, or anywhere else, I don't like having my face in the water. My mother was a swimming instructor and loved swimming; she taught all us kids to swim, so it isn't that I don't know how. I'll get in a pool, as long as my feet can touch the ground and I can keep my head above water. Weird.

2. I hate having anyone touch my back. Touching my neck or shoulders is OK, but not any lower. It really creeps me out.

3. I'm borderline obsessive-compulsive. (Another shock to family and friends.) I always count steps when I'm climbing stairs; doesn't matter if there are 2 or 20, I count them. And stitches or anything repetitive. Often, I'm not even aware I'm doing it, I just find numbers running through my head while I'm working.

4. When I start a new hobby or craft, I um, 'collect' things. Like 85 pounds of fleece and roving. Dude. I've only been spinning for 2 years. And crochet hooks - antique hooks, unusual hooks, hooks that light up, ivory and bone and tortoise shell and plastic and metal and wood, I have them all. And several Graydogs. (See #3.)

5.
And cracks in the sidewalk? I always try to avoid them. "Step on a crack, break your mother's back"? It plays in the back of my head when I'm walking.

6. Once I start something, I have a hard time stopping before it's complete. And if I do stop, I seldom go back and finish whatever it is. Before I retired, this lead to many nights of working until 3 a.m. or later, trying to finish a project. And I'm a touch competitive (stop laughing). My projects have to be bigger or better or prettier. Perfect is good. Weirdness.

Ok, since most of my buddies don't have blogs, I'm tagging readers to leave 6 weird things about yourself in the comments. Come on V and E and W and R. 'Fess up!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, am sure I will have great difficulty finding six weird things about myself, (ahem), but here goes:
1. I, too, count things, windowpanes, steps, stairs, etc.
2. I, too, can become a tad obsessive about "collecting" all the toys connected with a new hobby or craft.
3. I get really irritated with misspelled words or names.
4. Mispronunciations drive me insane.
5. Even though I will never win the "housekeeper of the year award" (or anything even close to it) there are certain areas of my home that must be "just so". My silverware drawer, for instance, the salad forks all have to be lined up nested one inside the other on their sides. The dinner forks must be stacked one on top of the other, etc.
6. I HATE to be late -- to me being late is being any less than about 10 minutes early! Can usually manage this one if I am the only one I have to get there on time ..............

Anonymous said...

Well, here goes. I'm not weird, just unique:
1. I like that we all count things. I, too, count everything. However it sometimes causes problems because of the next thing.
2. I like everything 'even'. The volume on the TV has to be an even number. If I'm buying an item in multiples, even.
3. Elisa doesn't like her back touched. I don't like my big toes touched.
4. I'm obsessed with my teeth being clean. Must have a mirror and metal toothpick with me at all times.
5. I like things a certain way too. The towels have to be folded and placed in the linen closet a certain way. This usually means I end up redoing it if Glenn helps. Things go in the grocery cart a certain way. Must park in the same row. Items in the pantry must have the picture side showing, not the ingredient side. Don't let that lamp shade seam turn away from the wall. Should I go on?
6. When I read a book I have to glance at the page number that I just read and then the one I'm going to read as I turn the page to make sure it's correct. Did I mention that I'm unique and not weird?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Wenona. We are all unique, not weird. Just that some of us are more unique than others!

Anonymous said...

1. I cannot leave the house without chapstick. If I do I cannot stop thinking about how my lips feel until I have chapstick again.
2. I cannot stand to touch anything with my dried out hands. It is the equivalent of nails on a chalk board to me. I probably put lotion on no less than 50 times a day.
3. I hate the taste of water unless it comes from a drinking fountain.
4. I eat my M&M's in a certain order wether by the handful or by dumping out the bag. I always start with the brown and end with blue then green. I mix up the order of yellow and red to keep it interesting! I have to eat them in even numbers too.
5. I have a "thing" about dates. My first wedding had to be on even numbers i.e. 062098. This wedding has to be on odds - 091307! I don't know why.
6. I focus and phrases or words that a person uses often and after awhile that is all I hear! ( I annoy myself with words I use to much) i.e. people who say like every other word
i feel very weird now!
rach

Anonymous said...

I did the whole wierd, well in my case normal, thing this morning but it isn't showing up?!! :) v

LadyLinoleum said...

I am so with you on 3, 4 and 6.