1.26.2007

Cute Kitties

Want to see something really cute? Go here. Since I don't have any baby photos, the best I can offer is cute kitties.

Oreo has forsaken my lap for another heat source -

She's crazy about the heater in my studio and often sleeps with her head on the back wheel and her nose almost in the heater. She'll still climb up in my lap when she wants to be scratched, but then it's back to her new love.

AJ, on the other hand, prefers a softer, more enclosed sleeping spot.
I left the lid off the box of wool batts I'm spinning and she climbed in, nestled down, and claimed it as her own. I think she's down for the night.

Tomorrow I officially start as Vice President of my spinning and weaving guild. My main responsibility - and the reason no one else wanted the job - is to arrange for speakers and workshops at our monthly meetings. I thought the hard part would be coming up with ideas. Wrong. The hard part is getting potential providers to return calls and emails. If they would just say 'nope, sorry, can't do it', rather than leaving me hanging, I'd be so much happier. Bah humbug.

Being the organizing fool that I am, I've set up a database with all the programs the guild has had since about 1998 (yes, I'm a little compulsive, why do you ask?). I'm tracking all the contacts I make and all the ideas people have given me for future programs. Since VP is traditionally held by the same person for two years, I'm hoping my little Excel program will make it easier to book programs next year. That's the theory. Better idea would be to find another um, volunteer to take this job.

0 comments: