12.26.2006

Merry Christmas To All

The hustle and bustle is done; it was a very good Christmas. Although the Colorado branch couldn't be with us (even if they had tried, I don't think they could have gotten out of Denver - they're still shoveling out from last week's blizzard) and Matt elected to sleep after working a midnight shift, we had a great day at Vickie's.

We had to get up early (ok, it was 7:30; that's an awful hour when you're a teen) for the drive to Llano. Gary looks like he's in shock.
Even if it is Christmas, he just doesn't like mornings.

I got one of my presents before we left -
For some reason, Dick didn't think this would fit in our car . . . he's probably right, but it would have been interesting to try. I love clocks and I've always wanted a grandfather or grandmother clock. But we've never had one for lack of space or lack of funds or lack of something-or-other. This one is beautiful - I love the burl in the top and along the bottom. Dick and I spotted this one months ago in a favorite furniture store and, unbeknownst to me, Dick has been going back almost weekly, waiting to see if the price would drop. It did - significantly - just in time for Christmas.

This wasn't a Christmas present, but Christmas day was the first chance I've had to take a photo. Dick made this for his sister. The stained glass window shows a spinning wheel and maru dai (a Japanese braiding stand used in Kumihimo).
I think he did an excellent job. This is only the third glass project he's done; he has a couple of others in the planning stage for around our house. Lucky me!

0 comments: