9.23.2006

Busy Day

But not much accomplished. Went to Guild this morning and got volunteered to be Membership Chair, starting in October. I didn't really mind, although it will mean giving up Publicity which I've enjoyed. But Membership means I get to play with databases and put out the annual roster. Very cool (yep, I'm a computer geek through and through.)

We always have great programs. Today was Giovanna Imperia, who is huge in the kumihimo world. Y'all. She makes braids with strands of silk and metal. And wire. She makes braids that become wide scarves (do you have any idea how many threads that would take? And how much time??) And braided obi's. Incredible stuff.
Her presentation was mainly a slide show - the history of kumihimo, types of weaving stands, other artists works - and, of course, the lights were dimmed so we could see better. And I'm sitting dead center in the front row, right in front of Giovanna. You can see where this is going, can't you? Could.Not.Keep my eyes open. I tried everything - gum, yawning, crocheting, pinching - nothing worked. I was so embarrassed. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I wasn't the only one. I swear it wasn't the speaker. Really.

I really like this floristry class that Gary's taking. Especially the bring-home samples. It's getting to be a treasure hunt. He never says anything about them; I just open the refrigerator and there's a new corsage.Lisa - Miss My-Wedding-Colors-Are-Blue-And-Blue-Thank-You-Very-Much - really loved this one. And the bow is much better this time. Can't wait until he moves up to bouquets.

Why is this man smiling?

Because he isn't working on this. (The blue tape? Mine. Don't I do nice work?)
After 12 hours, Dick finally admitted that he wasn't going to finish tiling the family room floor today. TWELVE. HOURS. And he says I'm compulsive.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of you compulsive? NAH!! I think the DMV should allow all your cars to carry the Tahoe's personal license plate!!! :) v